This post will have a little more personal flavor, but it is about something (someone) whom I love to talk about. My wife.
As of today, we have been married for 1 year. Praise the Lord! It has gone by so fast, yet it feels like we have been married for years. We continue to learn about one another, and what we told each other during our year-long engagement, that each day would get more and more glorious as time goes on, continues to come true.
I would definitely say that I have not only been learning about Allison but learning from her. I truly admire her faith and her desire to know the Lord more deeply. I also admire her work ethic and organizational skills (which challenge me--especially the latter...) and her love for her family. I have learned a lot about myself as a result.
I am realizing how important the role of a husband and a father is in the life of a family. The husband is the one responsible for supporting the wife, not merely financially, but in providing a safe place for her to live physically, emotionally, and spiritually by always making time for her and providing warmth and love. Allison told me something very stirring the other day. She said, "Tyler, I am realizing that you are like Christ on earth to me." She wasn't saying that she is by any means worshipping me or that I'm perfectly like Christ, but she is recognizing God working through me in the authority He has given me as her husband. (See Ephesians 5 22:-33)
I have also been seeing God working through her in how she submits to me. **Just a side note, her submitting to me by no means that she is inferior (see 1 Peter 3)...just that our roles are different** Seeing this has been challenging me to fulfill my role as her husband. It is my desire to love her and give everything for her and our family. It has also been reminding me of how I am part of the Bride of Christ. I am to be submitting to the Lord, along with all of my brothers and sisters in the faith, so that we can be in perfect unity with Jesus Christ. So the description of the "The Wife of Noble Character" in Proverbs 31 is how Christ wants to find His bride when He returns. And I can Praise the Lord that I have such a lovely model of that character in my Allison.
"[b]A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." ~Proverbs 31:10-31
No comments:
Post a Comment